.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Santanu's Blog Page

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Photos of Shillong

It took almost 2 hours over the last 3 days!

I searched for guidance and browsed discussion forums over the net. My query was regarding method of uploading photos from a Samsung E330 mobile phone to the PC through a USB data cable. And the conclusion was that no one was quite sure how to go about it! A few samaritans suggested methods based on their personal experience of successful trials. But there were five times as many who complained that it did not work on their systems. I tried the installation CD. I tried downloading the software from the net. All I got was error messages. Wondered how the same method could possibly have succeeded on the samaritans PC if it did not click on mine!
Eureka!
I rushed to a friends PC and behold! Mobile to PC, PC to internet. All photos uploaded within 20 minutes :)

7 Comments:

  • Santanu,
    I enjoyed these photos very much! I watched them as a slide show. :) Seeing a part of the world I've never traveled to, is exciting. Thank you!

    By Blogger Gel, at 10/11/05 22:02  

  • GEL,
    This particular place is worth a visit. You are welcome!

    By Blogger ShaanCho, at 13/11/05 08:28  

  • the pics are beautiful and i hope to visit the north east some day!blog hopped here and am glad I did:)

    By Blogger Jyotsna, at 26/11/05 20:37  

  • Thanks, Jyotsna.
    The North east is really beautiful and is not too crowded yet. And then, so is your blog :-)

    By Blogger ShaanCho, at 29/11/05 10:01  

  • hi
    i grew up in shillong and live in usa now.i was transported to the land of my childhood when i saw your photos..imagine someone from Bangladesh making that happen!!thank u

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/3/06 11:16  

  • Hello Santanew; thanks for sharing your photos of Shillong. Brought back lots of childhood memories!

    Don't live in Shillong anymore, instead it's the good old USA. Hope to make it Shillong someday; gosh, it's been away for over thirty years!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/3/06 22:07  

  • Santanu:

    I spent 17 wonderful years in Shillong and know that place by heart. Great way to take a trip down the nostalgia lane.

    Are you from Shillong?

    P.S. I live in the US now

    By Blogger Unknown, at 16/5/07 22:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home