.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Santanu's Blog Page

Friday, May 27, 2005

Asthma

It is now official.

I am diagnosed as suffering from Asthmatic Bronchitis. This has never happened to me before but the doctor says the high humidity here (85%) is known to cause this to happen to outsiders. I remember my early youth when I had challenged my father that I will reach his achievements at a younger age. But with asthma at 38, I have beaten my grandfather!
To add to that, I am allergic to some local atmospheric particles which make me sneeze till my 6 year old daughter cannot hide her toothless grin! Call that a tragic comedy or a comic tragedy :-)
But thank God for Cetirizine and Aerosol Inhalers! I often wonder what my ancestors did when these medicines were not around. Maybe they never had to obey transfer orders and posting orders like I do. As for my Darwinian ancestors, maybe they would just change jungles if they did not like the climate --- and go bananas!
Those were the days, my friend!!

4 Comments:

  • I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, Santanu!

    Feel better soon and take your meds! That's an order! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/5/05 20:12  

  • *hacking cough*

    Blimey! What a horrible cough you have, Santanu!

    >Better to hack up a green-coated phlegm, my friend<

    Great big balls of hippopotami, Santanu! Hope your body get over this minor inconvenience soon!

    Whoops, baby's crying. Gotta go!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 29/5/05 15:22  

  • Awww... I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Hope the medicines work and you get back on your feet in no time. Take good care.

    (sorry I haven't been by in a long while... my job has become extremely demanding lately)

    By Blogger Weary Hag, at 30/5/05 03:10  

  • Thanks, Folks, I am moved.
    But I believe I will be fully cured only after I actually move. :-)

    P.S. - Should be within six months, touch wood.

    By Blogger ShaanCho, at 30/5/05 14:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home